Saturday, January 9, 2010

Wrapping up 2009

Things that make me not mind the cold of winter!

Visits with Family

















Christmas Spirit!




Ski Trips with Daddy!
Not me, just him and the kids! ;)









Smart Little boys at the discovery center in Baltimore over Thanksgiving!
Visits to Utah and Idaho to see family and friends!








Awesome Vacations!


















Me...Making Christmas Dinner! ;)


I'm so proud!









Look at my cute little Pies! I'm even wearing an apron. Aren't I domestic? HA!









BOY! With every kid I've had, the holidays just get busier and crazier! Yeah, yeah! It's been a while. So right now I'm sitting in front of the pellet stove, the strongest source of heat in my house. I really don't like winter. I wish I could just hibernate; go to sleep all winter, or at least curl up in some warm jammies and a blanket and just read every good book on my list. Dustin likes to keep the house cold. When I ask (whine) if I can turn up the propane he reminds me, "sure, if you wanna pay that gigantic propane bill!" Or he threaten's to buy me feet pajamas...I don't think sooo! Thus, here I sit on my computer in front of the stove reminding myself that the less heat I use the more fun things I can do for my kiddos. So I sit and get warm, change a diaper, sit and get warm, do the dishes, facebook, get warm, change the laundry, oh the laundry...it never ends... Yet it's so worth it...these cute little angel faced kids... when they're sleeping hehe with their warm hugs and laughter make you want to get up and change that millionth load of laundry...well maybe not that. :) But they are so precious! Austin's latest was "I'm going to fork you"...as he stabbed the air in my direction with a fork...little boys...but so fun!


Christmas was Great! We spent it at home and my Mom, Duane, Grandma Marie, and Aunt Dale, Duane's Mom and Sister who came up to visit. I cooked Christmas dinner at my house... and I pretty much rocked at it. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that I had my Mom there who is the best cook EVER and also cleaned up behind me cause when I cook, I leave a trail and the kitchen EXPLODES...no seriously... it's a bomb... But it is still cool that I get the credit this year. I never bake, yet I made a raspberry pie and a lemon meriangue pie(sp?) I think I might like baking now. Maybe I'll try it again sometime...Maybe! :)

For New Years Eve, we stayed in a Residence Inn and let the kids have a swim party. They loved it. Me, swimming, winter?...not so much...but I put on a suit and my winter white "Idaho" legs and got in the hot tub.

New Years we spent in Annapolis, which is always a joy to spend time with my Mom and Duane. I love crossing the Bay Bridge and seeing the lights at Sandy Point. The day after we spent with Dustin's family. Our Sis. in-law Diane, and Dustin's Brother Jeff live close by in Severn, MD and are always so gracious to host the Townsend crew's late Chistmas feast and gift exchange, allowing our 8 kids to tear it up... literally, and then send us off into the cold winter's night...thinking...phew...so glad we can send all those kids packin'. lol

THIS is what we spend my heat money on!(And Grandma's) hehehe! Thanks Mom.






This:








And this: SO I'm a bit chilly, but it's sooo worth it! I have happy kids!




2 comments:

  1. I love watching Amanda dance! Where's Ashley's video?:) Thanks for finally posting again. I wish I could have had some of your pie. It sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Savor these moments...they go sooo fast and the next thing you know one of them is married and it's "the Other parents" turn for Christmas this year.

    ReplyDelete