Saturday, November 14, 2009

Lighthouse in the Storm!

Sunset Over Annapolis!
Sandy Point State Park!
Love this Place.






Leaving our fun excursion into Annapolis!





Lady Friends!The Bestest of them!









I love Lighthouses! I love what they represent: direction and caution, and I love the memories they bring back from when I was young. This is Sandy Shoal Lighthouse! You can see it from Sandy Point State Park. It's One of my favs. It warns boats of a shallow sandy bottomed area of the Bay so boats don't run aground on what they can't see below the surface. It's close to home in Annapolis, so we can see it every time we cross the Bay Bridge on our way home, and I have always had a water color of it hanging in my living room to remind me.











I Can't wait for Thanksgiving so I can go home and soak up Annapolis for a few days.




This is Assateague Lighthouse. There was a lightning and rain storm that was just starting to clear. It's just a tiny little light from this distance, but if you know what you're looking for, it's unmistakable. In it's usefull days it directed boats into the right channel. This lighthouse, built in 1867, is a 142 foot brick tower with two 1000 wat lamps that provide a double flash every five seconds. Each Lighthouse has it's own distinct light sequence.













Here it is on a clear day!












I couldn't sleep this morning so I got up early and started blog hopping. It's neet to meet the friends of others you know and love. You know what really inspires your friends and who inspires them and keeps them uplifted and happy. That's what we are all suppose to do here right? Remind each other every day that we are loved. Loved by each other, and loved by God. I'm greatful for those in my life who have reminded me of this, and have made me feel loved. Forever heart full of gratitude. Heavenly Father sends us angels when we need them, and just maybe, if we are doing what we are supposed to, living our lives in a way that we can listen, we can do the same for others. As I was blog hopping this morning I found a person who had posted this article HERE which reminded me of how we are supposed to Love others so I'm stealing it. Hehehe! All we have to do is look at the creation of this world and it's beauty to feel of God's love for us. That's unmistakeable. But how can we not want to serve him and help others feel loved after all he has given and done for us? I hope I can do this for my family and those that I come in contact with. Maybe since there have been some that have lit the way and brightened life for me I can do the same for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment