Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Jonah Day!


Awesome Missionaries! So kind to my kids!












Cute Kids! See! They love each other!










So some Sunday's do you just wonder why you got out of bed, made breakfast, ironed three dress shirts, put on your make up, flat ironed your hair, looked under beds and couches for 4 sets of church shoes that you thought you found the night before, and then wrestled 4 children into the car with the attempt to make it to the church before the sacrament...because you reeeeally need to take it this week? :)

Dustin had a talk today, so after wrestling 4 kids through the meeting alone and feeling like I'm doing pretty dang good for getting through the morning without raising my voice at one single kid, Evan decides that he wants to be the first kid to class so asks if it's the prayer yet. When I say "no, just one more minute bud," he starts getting very impatient to get to his class. I close my eyes for the closing prayer and encourage him to do the same but instead he tries to sneak by me. I whisper "sit down and be reverent" I close my eyes again and the next thing I know he's running by me at lightning speed out of the chapel. I'm a little bit frosted, but I keep my cool and sit through the prayer. I get to his classroom and decide that he needs a time out for not listening. I take him in the chapel where I think it will be private and quiet to talk to him about why it's important to listen to the prayer...and to me. While I'm doing so a women who I'm sure meant nothing by it and has forgotten how hard it is to wrestle misbehaving boys say's "You should go on the Dr. Phill show! He has lot's of good parenting ideas" And..."where do you get your parenting advice from anyway?"

So I'm feeling pretty crappy about now and finish out my Sunday, only to have Austin make a fuss during someone's Testimony where they stop... and wait... paitently... while I take my noisy kid from the room and back to the nursery, where he then slams his finger in a door and cries for the next 1/2 hour. Yeah! It was a fun Sunday!

Reason's why I do this?

Because hopefully I made someone else feel good today even though I felt like a piece of poo!

Because I want my kids to know how important it is to show the Lord they love him.

Because even though one person may have been having an open mouth insert foot moment(which I've had as well from time to time), I learned lessons about and was reminded of Heavenly Father's love for me inspite of my many weaknesses. I would have missed that had I done the easy thing and stayed or gone home.

I'm sure there are more reasons I just can't think of them right now.:) Next Sunday will be better! :)

1 comment:

  1. Well who ever made that comment to you forgot that it is easier to raise the neighbor kids!!!! Dr phil???? Sounds like they have way too much time on their hands and should take time to help out instead of judge.

    ReplyDelete