Monday, August 24, 2009

Summer Vacation Assateague & Chincoteauge Island Summer 2009

Dustin the family mule who carried 6 chairs 5 boogie boards, 2 umbrella's 1 cooler, sand toys and 1 kid to the beach 5 miles away! He's hot!

Evan the fish!
Austin REALLY had to go!















Fun on the Beach!






A Fascination with Sand Crabs.

Evan got stuck in the sand after we buried him. We were trying to pull him out and I'm such a mean Mom. He started freaking out and I couldn't stop laughing. I almost peed my pants.














The Wildlife Loop!



Our little Army Biking across the channel! Evan and Brooke (ages 5&6) did awesome with no training wheels! Woohoo!
















Fun in the Sand!












And the Surf!








Sunset over Chincoteague Channel!









We just got back from our annual family vacation to Chincoteague Island, VA. This is the place that my sweet husband stole my heart. He has been vactationing here with his family since he was a kid, and the summer we met he invited me here and I've never wanted to leave his side since. He's the best. He took me here on our honeymoon, so it's a place that whenever we go, it reminds me of why I love him. He loves to have fun and relax. That's what he lives and works so hard for, and it helps me to relax too. We've been coming with his sister and her kids, as our families have grown, (we both have 4 kids now) sharing a house for almost 15 years. I love this place! There is so much unique beauty here. We get there on Saturday, unpack, and then spend the rest of the day on the beach enjoying the surf. Then Sunday morning we get up and take the kids on a bike ride from the house, around the wildlife loop, and out to the beach on Assateague. I think this is my favorite day. I get up early and ride my bike over to the Assateague channel and watch the sun come up over the water. We spend every other day at the beach, Dustin on the boogy board, and body surfing, and me mostly reading and sunning on the beach watching the kids have a blast, hoping to catch a glimpse of the Dolphins that like to play in the waves. This year we had a great Dolphin show! A Hurricane was right off the coast, so the waves got especially big this year. There is so much to tell that I would have to write a novel, but if you ever have a chance to go you sooo should cause it's a blast! You have to see it to believe it!

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic family tradition! My siblings and I (5 originals, plus 4 spouses, plus 20 cousins) are afraid to see what would happen if we all gathered in one zip code, much less one house! It sounds like you guys pull it off marvelously. I'm glad you found time to "relax" at the beach amidst all the mom-lifeguard duty. Kudos to your cabana boy- he did a great job schlepping all the gear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pictures, i love the sunset! Looks like fun. I also laugh at my children's anxiety sometimes... I am getting the giggles just thinking about it. You are not the only one!

    ReplyDelete