Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"The Boat"

Sunset on the Lake






Amanda





Evan






Austin


Everyone who knows us knows that Dustin LOVE love LOVES his toys. He's a toy Man. From Scooters to ATV's to whatever he finds on the side of the road that looks like he can fix up and possibly sell after he gets some fun out of it. It has caused me great stress I must admit throughout our marriage. lol. I would much rather save up and buy later,(or use the money for more Dance lessons for the girls haha) but my Dustin has never been one to pass on a smokin' deal. During our first year of marriage I was absolutely in shock many a time as I found him sawing some kind of car part in our living room because it was too cold in Rexburg to do it outside and we lacked a garage. Thank Heaven's we were blessed quickly with a garage because I don't know how long I could have handled it without going insane.



So this year the surprise toy was a "very small" part ownership in a boat. A really nice boat. A really great boat. A boat that we would never be able to afford on our own. Thank you Wyssling Family for sharing. We joke that he owns the drivers seat. Haha! And just like every other purchase, I balked and dug my heals in, of course to no avail. When will I learn people?:) And just like every purchase that I flipped out about, the kids love it and we end up having a great time with it of course. Yes! He's the brains of this operation, and we have never been sent to the poor house...YET!:) So I am eating pie as I post some pictures of our family enjoying"The Boat".

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you are enjoying the boat. They can bring great family memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be glad it's a boat and not and enormous pile of pea gravel in my driveway since January that is supposed to be a patio or a garage full of dry wall that is supposed to be my basement home improvement. Oh, how we love these men!

    ReplyDelete