Monday, June 21, 2010
















Amanda and Ashley just had their Dance Recital over the weekend. One more year of dance at an end. I don't know why I get sad. All those costumes now have to put away, maybe to never be used again. I guess it's also a milestone for my girls. They are getting older. They are getting so tall and so beautiful. I guess you start to realize that this is such a temporary stage. Friends of mine who had kids my kids age just yesterday are now watching their children get married, go on missions, and to college. That's surreal to me. But it's just part of life. They tell us that this life is like a blink in all eternity. I wish I could just bottle those special moments. Like the joy you feel when your daughter smiles from ear to ear on stage and knowing that she's feeling complete joy as the audience cheers her on. Like watching a sleeping 3 year old snuggled in the crook of your arm so peacefully. (I don't care what the supernanny say's~parents who don't sleep with their kids are so missing out.) It's such a short time that they're with you, why not enjoy every second. Or, Like watching two little boys chasing each other throwing sand and listening to their infectious laughter. I'll miss it when they grow up and move away. I wish I could remember that during the moments of frustration when I'm picking up everyone's crap! lol

1 comment:

  1. Such beautiful and talented grandaughters. Hmmmm I wonder where they get their talent?

    ReplyDelete